Posted by Colleen
February is Heart Health Month and February 5th is Women’s Heart Health Day. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States.
By making right choices in the food you eat, by exercising and lifestyle choices you can often prevent health issues such as heart disease.
- Engage in regular exercise
- Adopt a food lifestyle low in sodium, eat good fats, example fish, olive oil and avocado
- Maintain a normal weight
- Avoid smoking
- Limit alcoholic beverages
- Eat a food lifestyle of fresh vegetables, fresh fruit and whole grains
- Meditation and relaxation – reduce stress