Recipe from our friend Josie, Philippine’s (Friendship International)
12 pieces of spring roll pastry (available in Asian stores)
6 plantain bananas
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups cooking oil
- Peel fresh “plantain” bananas and slice each banana into 3 strips
- Wrap 1 or 2 slices of “Plantain” bananas with the wrapper
- Fold the sides and tightly roll the wrapper
- Deep fry the spring roll, until golden brown
- Let the cooked spring rolls stand in a metal sieve, in order to drain excess oil.
- Serve warm or while crunchy.
- Optional: serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!