A few months ago I asked the question to a few international friends what it means for them to be a good friend to someone? Here are some of my friends responds to this question:
- A good friend sees the good in you and supports and encourages you to be the best that you can be.
- A good friend: listens, is honest even when it may hurt when needed.
- You know you have a good friend when times passes and you just pick up where you left off.
- Good friend is patience and kind
- I love the little things that my friends do that surprise me, like their thoughtfulness. I am not one who always remembers special occasions, but I appreciate it when others do. I don’t expect my friends to remember; maybe because my memory is a bit challenged and my organization skills have not been honed.
- I expect honesty, respect and I will give back the same. If it is in my power to help a friend I will, without enabling their personal development. A friend can keep a secret.
- My house is open to my friends always. I will shower you with my love and attention. You can expect a cup of tea or coffee what ever your preference,and usually chocolate.
- My friends can call me in an emergency anytime. Please don’t wake me just to chat. Patience, kindness and compassion these are the characteristics of my best friends.
Thank You Lillian for your great friendship answer!