Spring is here! We are more likely energized to clean and sort out our closet when it is brighter outside. I always recommend to my clients to take out all the clothes and lay them on your bed first. Now you can start sorting through and get rid of clothes you didn’t wear for more than a year.
1. Check the size, the style and the colors, if they still fit
2. make 2 piles: 1 to keep, 1 for charity
3. The “keep-pile” sort in:
– same type of clothes together: skirts, pants, blouses etc.
– color code them and hang scarfs, belts, bags on hangers to match them with your clothes. It saves you time in the morning, looking for the matching clothes and accessories int he morning.
4. Take the bag with clothes you don’t wear any longer and bring them to a charity in town. Now, you not only cleaned out your closet but you made a difference for somebody else and it makes you feel good too!
Organizing with Caroline